Appear AS (Norwegian company registry ID 986942033), hereinafter referred to as “Appear”, “us” or “we”, is the data controller responsible for the processing of the personal data that we collect about you in connection with your visit to our websites, trade show, job application or registration as a supplier, partner, prospect or client.
1. WHO WE ARE
Appear develops software and hardware solutions for the delivery of professional video services. Our company headquarters is located in Oslo, Norway, with subsidiaries in Thailand and the UK. Our registered headquarter office address is Lilleakerveien 2B, 0283 Oslo, Norway.
2. WHAT PERSONAL DATA DO WE COLLECT AND WHY WE COLLECT IT
2.1 Contact and support request forms
It is voluntary for our visitors to use the contact forms provided. When you communicate with us, including contacting us for support, or to make a request or other inquiry, we will collect your name and contact information (such as phone number and e-mail address), as well as any information that you choose to provide to us.
We use this information to respond to and/or follow-up your feedback, and to provide information in response to the requests and inquiries.
2.2 When you download a document and/or subscribe to our newsletter or press releases
It is voluntary for our visitors to download datasheets and documents from our site. In order for us to send you datasheets, you must register your e-mail address. We also register the information you provide like your name, company you work for, telephone number, and product interests. We also collect your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. When downloading datasheets, you agree to the processing of the personal data you provide when submitting the form.
You can update your information or withdraw your consent at any time by using the contact information available below.
It is voluntary for our visitors to subscribe to our newsletters, either directly or through downloading one of our data sheets or presentations. In order for us to send you the newsletter, you must register your e-mail address. We also collect your IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection. In order to better adapt newsletters and send you relevant information and invites to events, we also register the information you provide like your name, company you work for, telephone number, and product interests. You can update your contact information at any time or unsubscribe from our newsletters via the links at the bottom of the newsletter, or by using the contact information available below.
2.3 When you scan your visitor badge at a trade show
It is voluntary for you to scan your badge when visiting our exhibit at a trade show. Scanning your badge implies consent to the processing of the personal information that you provided to the trade show when applying for the badge.
2.4 When you apply for a job
When you apply for a job at Appear, we use a job application portal operated by an external service provider on our behalf, for processing and handling your job application. When you apply for a job, the service provider collects your general contact information, CV, information about your education, competencies and skills, career and work experiences and other information such as picture, social security number, job certificates, work permit, work history, references and other relevant background information. For relevant candidates all this information will be forwarded to us.
We use this information in order to determine your eligibility for the job, select the right candidate for the position in question and contact you.
The processing and storage of your job application, CV and related information is done with your consent during submission and that the processing is necessary in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into an employment contract. You can update your information or withdraw your consent at any time via the links provided in the job application portal.
2.5 When you are a registered supplier, partner, client or prospect
When you are a registered supplier, partner, client or prospect we may use your personal data for the following purposes:
We process personal data to provide and deliver services to you, and as such, the processing is necessary to fulfil an agreement to which you are a party. For example, personal data is processed in connection with;
- provide access to our Customer Support portal
- notify you about any disruptions to our services
- follow up on incoming requests (customer support, emails, chats, or phone calls)
- perform contractual obligations such as order confirmation, license details, invoices and similar.
- The contract may be with us directly or with your assigned business partner
- send you information about the products and services that you have requested information about or purchased from us
Sales and marketing
As a registered supplier, partner or client, we can communicate offers, news and products selection as well as functionality, changes or news in our service, or anything else that is assumed to be relevant to you, by e-mail, telephone and mail. The legal basis for processing personal data for this purpose is our legitimate interest in marketing our services. Examples of such purposes may be;
- to share personal data with sub-suppliers that provide sales and marketing services to us, when this is necessary to carry out an agreed assignment
- to exchange necessary information with sub-suppliers when this is necessary in order to fulfil our obligations to you (e.g to deliver products by using logistics and delivery services)
Development and analysis
We process personal data to understand the needs of our supplier, partner or clients and to improve and develop the services we provide. The legal basis for processing personal data for this purpose is our legitimate interest in improving our services. Examples of such purposes may be;
- contact you to conduct surveys about your and opinions on our products and services.
3. WHEN YOU OPERATE OUR EQUIPMENT OR SOLUTIONS
Appear software and equipment is sold to businesses and corporations only, and is not designed or intended for consumer use. The operator of the equipment is the data controller for data stored on and in relation to the software and equipment. Accessing the equipment will store user right assignment, log-in credential and access IP addresses only. No other personal information is stored. The purpose of the information stored is to allow and evaluate access to the software and equipment by its rightful users, by the operator of the software and equipment.
For more information about the cookies in use on this site, their duration and functionality, see our cookies page
5. WHO WE SHARE YOUR DATA WITH AND TRANSFER OF PERSONAL DATA
Providers may access the personal data if this is necessary in order to perform services for us. Appear rely on IT providers to operate our web site, analytics, e-mail services, newsletter, CRM and job application portal, in order to be able to offer our you the products and the services described. Such IT deliveries will often require our IT vendors to process personal information on our behalf. In such cases, we will enter into data processing agreements with our IT vendors.
When using providers outside the EU/EEA, any processing of your personal data will be regulated by the EU/EEA standard contractual clauses for transfer to third countries or other approved transfer mechanisms, including any additional security measures. We are constantly working to ensure that our suppliers comply with the privacy regulations and transfers to third countries.
We may also disclose personal data to authorities to the extent we are under statutory obligation to do so, for example, by court order, the police, or other public authorities.
6. HOW LONG WE RETAIN YOUR DATA
We will store personal information about you for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was obtained or as required by laws and regulations.
Cookie data is automatically deleted according to the per-cookie retention. The personal information that was registered when you signed up for our newsletters is deleted when you unsubscribe. The information will also be deleted if we receive repeated feedback that the email address is no longer active.
7. WHAT RIGHTS YOU HAVE OVER YOUR DATA
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of your personal data that we hold about you
- The right to request that we correct your personal data if inaccurate, or withdraw consent to personal data processing
- You may withdraw your consent or update your newsletter and marketing profile at any time using the links provided in the bottom of our newsletter
- You may withdraw your consent or update your support contact profile information at any time using the links provided in the support portal
- You can withdraw your consent or update your information at any time via the links provided in the job application portal
- The right to request that your personal data is deleted when it is no longer necessary for us to retain the data. Please note that you may still receive communications from us, including order confirmations, invoices or other notifications about your account activities.
- The right to request a restriction on further data processing, in case there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, in case data processing has been based on legitimate interest
Complaining to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority (Datatilsynet)
If you believe that we have not complied with your rights under the Personal Data Protection Act, you have the right to appeal by sending a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority. Their contact information is available at www.datatilsynet.no.
Before making a complaint to the Norwegian Data Protection Authority, we encourage you to contact us so that we can address your objections or resolve any misunderstandings.
9. OUR CONTACT INFORMATION
PO Box 8 Lilleaker
0216 Oslo, Norway